Upon graduating from law school in 1995, Mr. Hanson served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Judge Paul G. Summers on the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals and also assisted retired, Senior Appellate Court Judge Paul R. Summers in preparing his opinions for print and publication when serving as a special judge. Mr. Hanson then spent three (3) years serving as a Staff Attorney and Judicial Law Clerk for Justice Janice M. Holder of the Tennessee Supreme Court before entering private practice in 1999.
Since clerking for the Tennessee Supreme Court, Mr. Hanson has been a civil litigator for 21 years with heavy litigation, arbitration and trial experience in state and federal courts across the United States from New York to California and Florida to South Dakota. The majority of his career has focused on representing professionals including doctors, lawyers, accountants, dentists, brokers and pharmacists in E&O claims and representing large corporations in complex commercial, contractual, employment, class action and collective action (FLSA) litigation. His trial experience includes nursing home neglect, medical malpractice, employment contract, interference of business and contractual relationships, defective drug, pharmacy errors, entertainment, commercial litigation, construction, trucking and personal injury. Mr. Hanson has also handled approximately 20 state and federal court appellate cases.
Mr. Hanson elected to no longer represent large corporations in December of 2017. Upon leaving his firm in 2017, two (2) of his corporate clients offered him in-house counsel positions. Mr. Hanson rejected both offers and has since dedicated his career and talent to being of service to and vindicating the rights of injured individuals against large corporations and insurance companies. Mr. Hanson will fight for your rights and is willing to go the distance and take matters to trial when necessary to vindicate your rights.
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Memphis
- Master of Business Administration – University of Memphis
- Juris Doctor – University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
Honors, Awards and Additional Licensure
- Series 7 and Series 66 Securities License
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- United States Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- Northern District of Florida