If you were hurt in a truck accident, you may be struggling to overcome the aftermath. Painful injuries, mental trauma, lost wages, and expensive medical bills are just some of the losses you may be dealing with.
If another party’s negligence caused your accident, a Spring Hill truck accident lawyer from The Cochran Firm – Nashville may be able to help you fight for compensation. We manage personal injury insurance claims and lawsuits on behalf of our clients.
For a free case review with a member of our team, call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451. We offer representation on a contingency-fee-basis.
Negligence and Liability in Truck Accidents
Trucks must adhere to many of the same laws and regulations on the road as other drivers. That means that a truck driver may be liable for causing an accident due to a traffic law violation such as:
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Illegal lane changes or turns
- Failure to yield
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or intoxicated driving
In addition, many trucks qualify as commercial motor vehicles. Because of their size and weight, there are additional state and federal driving regulations for CMVs. For instance, there are rules about weight limits and safety inspections. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) also imposes hours-of-service limits on the operators of CMVs. Unfortunately, these regulations are not enough to prevent every accident.
If a truck driver’s negligence caused your accident, they may be liable for your damages. However, if they are an employee of a shipping or trucking company and were on the job at the time of the accident, their employer may be liable for the accident due to the legal principle of vicarious liability.
There are other ways negligence can cause a truck accident as well. For example:
- A negligent trucking company could fail to train their drivers or maintain their vehicles adequately
- A negligent mechanic may fail to correctly service a safety system, such as the truck’s brakes
- A negligent municipality may leave a hazard in the road that causes an accident
The Cochran Firm – Nashville may investigate your accident and determine what party was negligent.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Spring Hill, call 615-651-7451
Evidence in a Truck Accident Case
The Cochran Firm – Nashville may build your case by collecting evidence of the responsible party’s liability. This may include:
- The police crash report
- Photos or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, or your property damage
- CCTV, security footage, or surveillance footage, if available
- Evidence requested from the trucking company, such as dashcam footage or service records
- Witness statements
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
If you believe that another party was at fault for your accident, call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451. A member of our car accident team will be happy to provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation when you call.
Spring Hill Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 615-651-7451
Working with the Cochran Firm – Nashville on Your Case
When you work with a Spring Hill truck accident lawyer from The Cochran Firm – Nashville, you can focus on recovering from your injuries while we coordinate all of the legal work in your case. In general, we may be able to:
- Give you legal advice, watch out for your rights, and design a legal strategy for your case
- Help you understand any state or federal laws that apply to your case, including legal deadlines and filing requirements.
- File your insurance claim and/or personal injury lawsuit
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Collect evidence of negligence and the value of your damages
- Manage insurance negotiations
- Take your case to trial and defend your rights before a judge or a jury
Potentially Recoverable Damages in a Truck Accident Case
If you or your lawyer are able to establish the responsible party’s liability, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your accident-related damages. In general, the potentially recoverable damages in a truck accident case may include:
- Emergency room treatment and ambulance feels
- All current and future accident-related medical costs, including doctor’s appointments, operations, medication, therapy, etc.
- Lost wages and benefits for the time you had to miss at work while recovering
- Reduced earning capability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
The Cochran Firm – Nashville may also be able to collect evidence of the value of your damages. Such evidence may include your medical bills and car repair receipts, as well as testimony from medical experts on your estimated future costs of accident-related medical care.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations in Tennessee
Per TN Code §28-3-104, there is a general one-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Tennessee. Missing the deadline in your case could mean that your lawsuit is dismissed, and you are unable to recover compensation for your damages.
The Cochran Firm – Nashville urges you to call our office as soon as possible after your accident so we can inform you about your legal options and what specific deadlines pertain to your case.
Make a Call to the Cochran Firm – Nashville Today
The Cochran Firm – Nashville understands just how devastating truck crashes can be. The damages could cause years of hardships for you, all because of the negligence of another party.
You do not need to face this situation alone. A Spring Hill truck accident lawyer from The Cochran Firm – Nashville may be able to defend your rights and fight for compensation on your behalf.
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 to receive a free case review with a member of our team. If you qualify, we may be able to offer you representation on a contingency-fee-basis, with no attorney fees due unless and until you recover compensation in a settlement offer or court award.