The Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security reports there were 1,148 traffic fatalities in Tennessee car accidents in 2019. Many of these deaths were completely preventable had the other driver simply cared more about safety. A Spring Hill car accident lawyer at The Cochran Firm – Nashville may be able to help you recover compensation for the damages you suffered in a car accident. Call us at (615) 651-7451 to learn more about your legal rights and actions.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Whether your accident involved only one other vehicle, multiple vehicles, or a single-car collision, our team may be able to help. We handle claims involving:
Rear-end collisions often occur because a driver is following too closely and does not have adequate time to stop when the vehicle in front of him or her suddenly stops. Rear-end accidents often cause whiplash or other soft tissue injuries because of the sudden jerking caused by the impact of a collision.
Because head-on collisions often involve two vehicles driving at higher speeds, they may result in fatalities or serious injuries. Accident victims may have exorbitant medical bills and may have other bills that are piling up because they are unable to quickly return to work after being injured in this type of accident.
A T-bone accident usually occurs when one driver turns left and hits the side of another vehicle. Accident victims may suffer from serious injuries because the sides of vehicles do not tend to have the same type of safety features as other parts of the vehicle.
Sideswipe accidents occur when a vehicle drifts into an adjoining lane and hits the side of another vehicle.
Multi-vehicle accidents may involve a chain reaction that causes several connected accidents. These accidents can be difficult to investigate because there are often different parties and insurance companies involved, all of whom may want to pin the accident on another driver.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Spring Hill, call 615-651-7451
Common Reasons for Car Accidents
Some of the most common reasons why car accidents happen in and around Spring Hill include:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that distracted driving resulted in the deaths of 2,841 people in 2018, which included 1,730 drivers, 605 passengers, 400 pedestrians, and 77 bicyclists.
Despite the well-known risks associated with drunk driving, many people still choose to drink and then drive, putting all others on the road at risk. The NHTSA reports that impaired drivers may have difficulty completing common tasks associated with safe driving, including:
- Maintaining proper speed
- Staying in the same lane
- Recognizing hazards
- Paying attention to multiple things at one time
- Making sound judgments
Like with drunk driving, speeding may make it more difficult to control a vehicle, which may be why speeding was a factor in 26% of car accident fatalities in 2017, as reported by the NHTSA.
In some situations, drivers may act in a safe and cautious manner, but due to an unknown defect in their car or another vehicle, they may still wind up involved in a car accident.
Spring Hill Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 615-651-7451
Common Types of Injuries Victims Suffer in Car Accidents
Car accident victims often suffer serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries: due to the potential high speeds involved and the force of impact, many accident victims may suffer head and brain injuries, ranging from concussions to traumatic brain injuries. According to the Mayo Clinic, these injuries can be very serious and may result in death or a sudden onset of symptoms such as memory loss, loss of smell, painful headaches, and loss of consciousness. Some traumatic brain injuries result in cognitive impairment and changes in personality.
- Neck and back injuries: car accident victims may experience the brunt of the harm to their neck and back. Accident victims may suffer from bulging discs, neck injuries, back injuries, or spinal cord injuries. These injuries may significantly impair your ability to earn a living.
- Fractures: accident victims may be flung around a vehicle, potentially breaking one or several bones in the process. This may require immobilization of the injured part of the body and may disrupt the victim’s normal life activities.
- Soft tissue injuries: victims may experience painful injuries to the muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
Damages Common in Car Accident Claims
Some of the damages that you may be eligible to receive compensation for include:
- Property damage
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Contact us by calling (615) 651-7451 to review whether you may be eligible for compensation and how much the value of your claim may be.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Team May Be Able to Help
A Spring Hill car accident lawyer from our personal injury team may be able to help with your claim after we review the circumstances leading to it. We may advise you of your legal rights and against whom you may have a claim. If we take your case, we may conduct an investigation into the cause and gather evidence to help support your claim. We may also negotiate with the insurance company and strive to achieve a favorable outcome for your claim.
Contact Us for Help with Your Claim
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, a Spring Hill car accident lawyer from The Cochran Firm – Nashville may be able to help. We can discuss your legal rights and options during a free and confidential case review you can arrange by calling (615) 651-7451. We work on a contingency-fee-basis and do not charge any attorney fees unless we successfully recover compensation for your claim, so you have nothing to lose by reaching out and learning more about your possible recovery.