Whether you are a buyer, seller, renter, landlord, or another party in a real estate dispute, you may spend significant time and money trying to resolve the problem. The benefits of hiring a lawyer could be worth the cost of retaining their services, as they may have experience resolving real estate conflicts and may find a resolution to your real estate dispute.
Speak with a Smyrna real estate litigation lawyer about your real estate-related problem. Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 for a free consultation about your real estate litigation.
Your Real Estate Dispute Matters
Disputes over real estate may come with higher stakes than other types of legal disagreements. Some factors that may make real estate litigation particularly sensitive include:
- The amount of money involved in a real estate dispute
- The extent to which a real estate issue affects your quality of life
- Whether the land or property in question is your place of residence
- Whether other aspects of your life may be dependent on the resolution of your real estate issue
Having money, time, or other resources tied up in a real estate dispute could prevent you from investing those resources in other places. The dispute itself could also prove to be stressful, exhausting, and expensive. These and other problems caused by a real estate dispute may hurt your quality of life, which means that finding a resolution as soon as possible is important.
The slate of possible real estate issues is broad, and finding a lawyer familiar with your particular dispute could be a step towards resolving your problem.
Different Types of Real Estate Issues
The Washburn Law Journal refers to several issues that may be the focus of a real estate dispute. They include:
- Who owns a specific piece of property
- How a piece of property can be used
- How and to whom the land can be transferred
- Issues related to land possession such as foreclosure, eminent domain, and adverse possession
These are just a few of the many possible problems that you may experience because of a property. Other possible issues include:
- A dispute with a real estate agent, or a dispute as a real estate agent, as outlined by Sage Open journal
- A breach of contract
- A breach of lease
- An issue pertaining to failure to pay rent
- An issue involving failure to complete payment for a purchased property
- Eviction issues
- Disputes between partners in a real estate-centric company
- Failure by a seller or agent to disclose facts about a property to the buyer
- Issues with the design or construction of a structure
- Permit and zoning issues
- Problems with the placement of cell phone towers or other undesirable structures
- Environmental problems
Recent events have presented abnormal problems to those involved with real estate. You may be looking for help as the owner or renter of a property that has been directly affected by COVID-19-related economic hardship. A Smyrna real estate litigation lawyer could help you with such problems.
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 for more details about how a lawyer could help you resolve your real estate headache, whether you are bringing litigation or defending yourself from it.
For a free legal consultation with a real estate litigation lawyer serving Smyrna, call 615-651-7451
How a Lawyer May Help with Your Real Estate Litigation
The specific ways that a lawyer may assist with real estate litigation could depend on the specific circumstances you find yourself in. Rest assured that you may benefit from the services of a lawyer regardless of your specific position within a real estate dispute.
Some of the ways that a lawyer may assist you include:
- Making themselves familiar with your real estate problem
- Familiarizing themselves with similar cases, relevant laws, and the rules of the Tennessee Real Estate Commission, where applicable
- Collecting all evidence that could impact your case
- Determining the key source of your real estate problem
- Speaking with representatives for those who you are in dispute with
- Seeking the most immediate resolution to your problem
- Filing a lawsuit if another form of resolution cannot be reached
- Consulting experts in the real estate and legal fields
- Handling in-person appearances on your behalf
- Seeing your case through to completion
A lawyer may have knowledge of relevant statutes that you are not familiar with and may be able to reach a resolution to your problem based on fairly straightforward laws or rules. In other cases, a lawyer may need to complete a trial, mediation, or other steps in order to reach a conclusion to your case.
In addition to the above-listed services, your lawyer may defend your rights, provide ongoing strategy as your litigation evolves, and protect you from making any statements or actions that may hurt your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.
Possible Outcomes to a Real Estate Dispute
The target outcome for your lawyer will depend on the specific nature of your problem. Some possible resolutions that your lawyer may aim to achieve could include:
- An extension for payments that you are required to make
- A determination of ownership in your favor
- The eviction of a tenant
- The granting of a permit or other real estate-related allowance
- The reversal of a contract
- The validation of a contract
- A judgment that you are owed payment which was previously in dispute
You may already have an idea of the outcome you hope to achieve, and your lawyer may be able to help you realize that goal.
Smyrna Real Estate Litigation Lawyer Near Me 615-651-7451
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville Today
You do not have to take on a real estate dispute on your own, as problems involving land or property can be long-lasting and time-consuming. Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 for more details of how a Smyrna real estate litigation lawyer could assist you or a loved one.
Do not wait to call, as the sooner you call, the sooner a lawyer may be able to start work on your case.