If you or a loved one was injured by a defective medication, or if you suffered an adverse reaction to a drug that was either prescribed or purchased over the counter, you may be able to collect compensation for your injuries and expenses. A Smyrna defective drug lawyer may be able to assist with your case. Contact The Cochran Firm – Nashville at (615) 651-7451 today to speak to a legal professional from our team. We offer a free case evaluation, and we want to ensure your rights are protected.
Furthermore, we can provide assistance that helps you understand what you may be entitled to if you pursue a claim or lawsuit. Reach out to our team today to learn more.
Information About Defective Drug Cases
Manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, as well as the physicians that prescribe them, are supposed to ensure the safety of these products. There are times, however, when both the manufacturers and doctors fall short in their duty of care.
In many cases, the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) may issue a recall on drugs or products if they are found to be defective, but oftentimes, it takes multiple complications to occur before this happens. In the U.S., every year there are more than one million emergencies involving medications, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
If you or a loved one experienced an adverse reaction to a specific drug, you may have a defective drug case. There are multiple ways in which drugs can negatively affect people. Some drugs, either by its dosage or inherent design, can be dangerous, injury-causing, or even deadly.
While the side effect of each drug is different, you may have developed one or more of the following adverse side effects:
- Cardiovascular issues
- Internal bleeding
- Suicidal thoughts
At The Cochran Firm – Nashville, we want to help you pursue your personal injury-related matters. You can give us a call today at (615) 651-7451.
For a free legal consultation with a defective drug lawyer serving Smyrna, call 615-678-6278
The Danger of Defective Drugs
Defective drugs can cause a wide array of issues and even result in death. If you were injured or suffered a severe illness due to a defective drug, a Smyrna defective drug lawyer may be able to help with your case. Our team may be able to protect your rights and hold the responsible parties accountable for the harm you suffered.
If you suffered any of the following consequences, we may be able to bring a case against the responsible party or parties:
- Hospitalization due to your reaction
- A permanent disability
- The loss of one or more bodily functions
- Mental impairment
- Illness or injury that places you at a greater risk of premature death
- Loss of wages/ loss of ability to continue working at your previous capacity
If a defective drug caused injuries to you or a loved one, consider calling The Cochran Firm – Nashville today for a free consultation.
Smyrna Defective Drug Lawyer Near Me 615-678-6278
How Our Attorneys May Be Able to Help You
Our law firm wants to help you recover compensation for your damages.
If you are unsure of whether or not you should hire a lawyer, they can work to promote your legal goals by:
- Saving you time. Handling a legal case on your own can be time-consuming and complex. Your focus should be on your health and recovery. Working with a lawyer may grant you the time you need to focus on your well-being.
- Addressing your concerns. Your lawyer may be able to provide legal guidance while also helping you understand the progression of your case.
- Working on a contingency-fee-basis. By offering our services on a contingency-fee-basis, you can afford a lawyer. You do not pay us anything out-of-pocket for our help. You only pay our attorney’s fees if we secure a settlement for you.
- Investigating your circumstances. We may be able to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions. Our legal team is committed to determining how you were injured, how your health was affected, and a fair value for your case.
You can call us today to learn more about the services we provide.
Types of Compensation We May Pursue on Your Behalf
If you were injured due to a defective drug, your life may be impacted in various ways. We will determine the types of compensation you may be able to collect as a result.
Some of the awards we may be able to recover include:
- Medical expenses. These expenses may include the cost of hospitalization, treatment, emergency care, corrective procedures, and follow-up appointments.
- Lost income. You may be able to recover awards for the time you have lost due to your injuries. We may also be able to recover compensation for reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. You may be able to recover compensation for the mental, physical, and emotional trauma of being injured.
Furthermore, after an examination of your case, there may be other types of compensation you may be eligible to collect. To learn more about the potential of your case, do not hesitate to contact our team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Cochran Firm – Nashville Is Here to Help
If you were injured or suffered an illness due to a defective drug, a Smyrna defective drug lawyer may be able to provide assistance. We want to seek justice on your behalf, and we are willing to go to trial, if necessary.
We will work to build a case that demonstrates your losses and damages. Our goal is to hold the drug manufacturer, medical professional who prescribed the drug, and anyone else who may be responsible for your injury accountable for their actions.
To learn more about how we may be able to provide assistance, contact The Cochran Firm – Nashville at (615) 651-7451 today.