Brain injuries can cause physical and cognitive harm, and they can lead to permanent brain damage. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be able to collect compensation for your damages. A Smyrna brain injury lawyer may help you build a personal injury case that illustrates the total extent of your injury-related losses.
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 if you would like to learn more about the benefits of hiring a lawyer after a brain injury.
Brain Injuries May Be Caused by Physical Trauma to the Head
The Mayo Clinic lists several possible causes of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), some of which may stem from one or more individuals’ negligence. According to the Mayo Clinic, possible TBI causes include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Accidents between motor vehicles and pedestrians, bicyclists, or motorcyclists
- Sports activities
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Injury caused by intentional acts
Brain injuries can also occur because of medical wrongdoing, a workplace injury, or dangerous premises. How your injury occurred could be an important consideration as you seek compensation. It might bring insight into how many parties may be liable for your injury, what kind of damages you may be entitled to collect, and what kind of damages you may expect to occur in the future.
When determining the amount of compensation you may be entitled to, your lawyer may also examine the symptoms of your injury.
Symptoms of Brain Injury
The journal Cell Transplantation notes that coma, death, and loss of consciousness are among the immediate outcomes that may happen because of a brain injury. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), other possible health consequences of brain injury may include:
- Poor cognitive function, which may include deficits in memory, focus, and clarity
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in your personality and emotional state
- Changes in your sleep patterns
- Changes in your vision
- Light sensitivity
Symptoms that you or your loved one experience because of a brain injury may be temporary or you may find that they are permanent or long-lasting. Experiencing negative effects from a brain injury could change what you are able to do on a daily basis and may change your life in a significant way as a result.
Losses You Could Suffer Because of TBI
The brain controls your physical and mental abilities, so experiencing brain damage could negatively affect many bodily functions. If you have physical or cognitive issues because of a TBI, you or your loved one may:
- Be unable to hold the job that you had before your injury
- Be unable to work in any capacity
- Lose some or all of your earning power
- Require a part- or full-time caregiver
- Have significant medical expenses
- Need to undergo physical or cognitive therapy
- Have lasting changes in your relationships with others
- Lose your sense of independence
- Suffer a substantial decline in your quality of life
If you lost a loved one due to a traumatic injury, you might be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. You may hire a lawyer to pursue compensation on behalf of your loved one to recover costs related to their injury, death, and role in your family’s life.
Speaking with a Smyrna brain injury lawyer may provide insight into how they may be able to help you with your post-injury reality. Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Smyrna, call 615-651-7451
Your Brain Injury May Have Been Preventable
You might be entitled to compensation if it is found that your or your loved one’s brain injury was preventable. A person does not have to intentionally injure you or your loved one to be responsible for your losses, as long as their actions or failures to act contributed to the injury in some way.
With this in mind, a lawyer may:
- Review the facts of your case
- Determine who could be responsible for your injury, a loved one’s injury, or a loved one’s passing
- Identify specific actions or failures that caused the injury
- Explain your options for pursuing compensation
A Lawyer May Handle Your Claim or Lawsuit
Whether you are seeking compensation through an insurance claim or a civil court trial, a lawyer may be able to handle your quest for compensation from start to finish. They may handle most aspects of your claim or lawsuit, including:
- Communicating directly with insurance companies, attorneys, and other involved parties
- Collecting evidence
- Collecting documentation of your injuries
- Consulting experts in relevant fields
- Filing your suit or claim
- Negotiating a settlement
- Handling all paperwork, appearances, and communications required to complete your insurance claim or lawsuit
A lawyer may also defend your rights and represent you on your behalf during all legal proceedings. This may allow you to focus on getting better and other aspects of your life.
Smyrna Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 615-651-7451
If You Sustained a Severe Brain Injury, Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville Today
A Smyrna brain injury lawyer may pursue the compensation that you or your loved one need. Speaking to a law firm representative may help you understand whether hiring a lawyer is the right decision for you or your loved one.
Our team wants to help you with your personal injury case. Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 for a free consultation about how we may be able to assist you.