When a property owner fails to maintain premises that are free of foreseeable hazards, you may become the victim of a slip and fall accident. Such accidents can be nasty, and may leave you with a number of health outcomes that affect your ability to earn an income and live a normal life.
If you have suffered a slip and fall, The Cochran Firm – Nashville may be able to fight for any compensation. Call our team today at 615-651-7451 to speak with a representative about potentially getting your case underway.
Negligent Property Owners put the Public in Harm’s Way
A slip and fall, or a trip and fall accident may be a result of property owners who either fail to pay attention to hazards on their property or ignore such hazards due to:
- Apathy towards the public’s welfare
Whatever the reason why a property owner or manager fails to provide safe premises for you and others, the fact remains that you or your loved ones may have been injured because of their negligence.
Negligence Should Always Be a Cause for Justice
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an accidental injury like falling leads to approximately 36,338 deaths every year. Taking slip and fall, or trip and fall accidents lightly is foolhardy.
Some places where a slip and fall accident may occur include:
- In a place of work
- In a business
- On a public walkway, especially in cities where snow and ice are common
- In a residence or apartment complex
- In a place of leisure
Virtually every property is owned and should be maintained by someone.
When a slip and fall, or a trip and fall accident is due to a poorly maintained property, seeking justice begins with identifying who owns that property. Some possible defendants in these cases may be:
- A landlord or building owner
- A business owner
- The owner of an apartment complex, home, or other domestic residences where someone was hurt
- A municipality, if the person was injured on government-owned property
When investigating the grounds for a lawsuit, it will be important for your lawyer to understand and document the specific conditions that led you to slip and fall, or trip and fall.
Some Slipping and Tripping Hazards
Some conditions that may lead to a slip and fall, or a trip and fall accident are:
- The presence of exposed wires
- Loose carpet, including fabric that has gathered
- Pavement that is cracked in a way that causes a change in elevation
- Unmarked changes in elevation
- A property without basic, building code-mandated accessibility safeguards such as handrails
- Icy walkways
- Spills that persist on the floor without being cleaned or surrounded by a warning sign
- Poor lighting
These conditions can lead to serious injury or death, and those who invite others onto their property, whether directly or in an implied manner (as a business does), have a responsibility to remedy such hazards in a reasonably timely manner.
If they did not do so, and you suffered an injury as a result of such negligence, you should reach out to a Nashville slip and fall accident lawyer. Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at 615-651-7451 for a free consultation regarding your case.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Nashville, call 615-651-7451
Should You Go It Alone?
The Plaintiff in a slip and fall or trip and fall case must usually must show (1) that there was a condition on the premises that posed an unreasonable risk of harm, (2) that the owner of the property knew or should have known about the dangerous condition, (3) that the property owner failed to correct the condition or failed to properly warn visitors of the condition and (4) that the dangerous condition caused the injury. Nashville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer can help you navigate through these legal thresholds.
Nashville Slip And Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 615-651-7451
A Lawyer Can Provide Start-to-Finish Representation
From the time that you call The Cochran Firm – Nashville until the time that your case concludes, our team will provide comprehensive representation. Personal injury lawyers understand that slip and fall, and trip and fall accidents can cause significant injuries including:
- Traumatic brain injury, a condition whose symptoms may lead to permanent cognitive impairment
- Broken wrist, hands, forearms, tailbones, and hips, especially from preventable falls and fractures
- Internal bleeding
These are far from the only injuries that can arise from a slip and fall, or a trip and fall accident. A Nashville slip and fall accident lawyer will likely have an independent medical examiner assess your injuries as part of that lawyer’s legal services.
A Lawyer Should Be Thorough in Organizing Your Case
Any lawyer who represents you should understand that the outcome of your case may solve the question of how you are going to pay for your injuries. In order to put together your case, a lawyer may:
- Rely on private investigators to uncover any evidence of negligence that led to your injuries
- Examine the history of any business owner, municipality, or other defendant in your case to see if there is a pattern of negligence
- Provide experts to testify as to best safety practices
- Handle all of the legal responsibilities necessary to resolve your case
- Defend your rights from the time you begin working with us until your case concludes
A lawyer will be your legal advocate as you focus on recovering from your injury. They will make it their mission to recover all compensation to which you may be entitled.
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville Today
The roots of our practice date back more than 40 years, when it was founded by Mr. Johnnie Cochran Jr. In that time we have developed a reputation for the pursuit of compensation on our clients’ behalf. Allow us to help you seek the compensation to which you may be entitled.
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at 615-651-7451 for a free consultation.