An accident between your passenger vehicle and a large truck can be devastating. Because the truck is so much larger and heavier than your car, you and any other passengers may sustain severe injuries in a collision.
If this happens, you are not alone. When you work with a Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer from The Cochran Firm – Nashville, you can expect to work with a legal team willing to fight for your interests. No matter how your accident occurred or the severity of your injuries, a lawyer can provide many services intended to get you the compensation you need. If your case is successful, you may be able to recover damages for medical expenses, time away from work, and other related costs.
A Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer is your advocate while holding the at-fault party financially responsible for their role in your injuries. When you are ready to fight for compensation after a large truck accident, call The Cochran Firm – Nashville at (615) 651-7451. We offer free, no-risk consultations.
Establishing Fault in a Murfreesboro Truck Accident
Proving fault is a critical part of your claim for financial compensation after a truck accident. You must be able to prove that the truck driver collided with your vehicle and bears the fault for causing the accident.
In Tennessee, your legal team must prove these important elements in your situation:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of reasonable care.
- The at-fault driver breached, or did not meet, that duty of care.
- Your injuries occurred because of the at-fault driver’s negligence.
- You suffered financial damage because of the action of the at-fault driver.
Multiple Parties May Be Liable
In a truck accident case, there may be several liable parties. Potential responsible parties might include:
- The truck driver: If a truck driver’s negligent actions caused the accident, they are likely liable.
- The trucking company: If a trucking company’s failure to do something, such as maintaining the truck, caused the accident, it can be directly liable. Trucking companies are often also financially responsible for accidents because of vicarious liability laws. Vicarious liability means that an employer is responsible for an employee’s actions, so long as the employee was acting in the scope of their employment.
- A maintenance company: A maintenance company can be liable if improper maintenance caused an accident.
- A manufacturer: If a defective part caused an accident, a manufacturer can be liable.
Do not allow the liable party to avoid financial responsibility for an accident they caused. Contact The Cochran Firm – Nashville at (615) 651-7451 to speak to a member of our team. We are ready to get started on your case today.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Murfreesboro, call 615-678-6278
You May Be Entitled to Compensation
If you can establish the other party’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation for the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Once we investigate your truck accident, we will be able to determine how much your case might be worth.
Murfreesboro Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 615-678-6278
You May Be Able to File a Wrongful Death Claim
In 2019, the Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security reported that 31 people were killed in collisions involving large trucks.
If a family member was killed in a collision with a large truck, you may have the right to file a wrongful death claim on their behalf. You have one year from the date of your loved one’s passing to move forward with a civil action, per Tennessee Code § 28-3-104.
Should your case be successful, you may be able to receive compensation that covers:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance and household benefits
- Loss of inheritance
You do not have to fight for these rights on your own. A Murfreesboro truck accident lawyer can act as your advocate and walk you through the process of collecting damages. Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville to learn more about your legal options.
You May Not Have Long to Act
Filing a lawsuit against the at-fault driver in a truck accident in Murfreesboro involves many different steps. One of the first steps is to prepare and file your claim in a timely fashion. For accidents that did not result in any deaths, you have one year from the date of the collision to move forward with a civil action. This makes the weeks and months after the accident an important part of fact-finding and evidence-gathering.
A Murfreesboro truck accident attorney can help you navigate the process of gathering the information you need to prove the legal elements of your claim.
We encourage you to give us a call as soon as possible following your accident. Time is truly of the essence; if you do not file a lawsuit within the parameters set by the state’s statute of limitations, you will likely not be able to seek financial damages through a lawsuit. Do not allow time to run out on your ability to seek compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Police Report May Contain Crucial Evidence
In Tennessee, you are required to file a police report following a truck accident if:
- Any person was injured or killed in the accident
- Property damage exceeds $1,500
- Property damage to state or government property exceeds $400
While this may seem daunting, filing a police report may work to your advantage. The attending officer at the scene of the accident may be able to analyze the situation and include details that you could not collect yourself. Your lawyer can then use this information to support your claim for compensation.
Details in a police report can include:
- Information to identify the at-fault driver and his employer
- The at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Witness names and contact information
- The location of the accident
- Information relating to the severity of your injuries and if emergency transportation was needed
Building a case for compensation takes time. Our team takes the time to hear your version of events and help you prove fault and liability. Share as much information as you can with a member of our team when you call The Cochran Firm – Nashville.
You Have Options for Financial Compensation After a Truck Accident
Following a truck accident, recovering from your injuries can consume most of your time. Physical recovery can mean long hospitalizations and in-home care while you recuperate. It can also mean time away from work and your family. All these factors can add up to extensive financial expenses and losses.
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville at (615) 651-7451 today.