As a city adjacent to Nashville and a place with plenty to offer visitors and residents, the City of Franklin in Williamson County has its fair share of car accidents. Williamson County averages about 5,554 car crashes each year, according to the Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security.
If you or your loved one has been negatively affected by a car accident in Franklin, then a Franklin car accident lawyer may be able to serve you. Call our team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 for a free consultation.
A Car Accident May Forever Alter Your Life
Positive outcomes rarely come from car accidents, and you may be impacted in three primary ways when a car accident occurs. Those ways are:
- You are injured in a way that causes significant harm to your quality of life
- Your loved one suffers an injury that causes significant harm to their quality of life, and it may directly impact your life as well
- Your loved one dies as a result of the car accident
If you or your loved one was injured in a car accident, and it resulted in someone no longer being able to act independently or death, you may want to consider bringing a lawsuit to collect any recoverable losses.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Franklin, call 615-651-7451
How Your Life Might Change After a Car Accident
The outcome you experience from an accident may depend on whether you suffered an injury or your loved one was either severely injured or killed as a result of a vehicular collision.
If you were the one injured, then you may:
- Be unable to work for an indefinite period of time and may not be able to work in specific jobs or industries due to the lingering effects of your injuries
- Be disabled in a way that limits you to working very specific jobs or prevents you from working at all
- Not be able to engage in many activities that you enjoy or require you to perform tasks that demand physical movements that you can no longer do
- Suffer chronic pain
- Experience mental health deficits resulting from your physical injuries
If your loved one was severely injured because of a car accident, then:
- They may suffer some or all of the above consequences
- You may need to hire a part- or full-time caregiver for them
- If you cannot afford a caregiver, you may need to quit your job or reduce your workload to help care for your loved one
- You and your loved one may both experience a diminished quality of life
If your loved one died in a car accident, you could experience grief and loss that is greater than any injury, even a severe one. These outcomes reinforce how devastating car accidents can be and how important it is for motorists to operate their vehicles with care.
If you believe that a motorist (and possibly other parties) acted in a way that caused injury to you or death of your loved one, then a Franklin car accident lawyer may walk you through the litigation process. Call our team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 for a free consultation.
Franklin Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 615-651-7451
Types of Motorist Negligence That May Warrant a Lawsuit
You do not have to search hard to find stories of Franklin motorists paying the ultimate price for motorist negligence, such as a fatal hit-and-run reported by NBC News 4 Nashville. Accident statistics and common sense suggest that drivers put others at risk through dangerous actions every single day, and you or your loved one may have been directly harmed because of such negligence.
Some of the driving behaviors that might increase the risk of an accident and a resulting injury or death are:
- Weaving in and out of lanes
- Driving while drunk
- Driving while on drugs
- Driving a vehicle that is not roadworthy
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic
- Running traffic lights or stop signs
- Engaging in distracted driving behaviors, such as texting while driving
Many behaviors could have put you or your loved one at risk, ultimately resulting in one of you being injured or killed. If you suspect that the driver who caused your accident or any other party acted in a negligent fashion, you may want to consider bringing a lawsuit.
A Lawyer Can Guide You Through the Legal Process
If you decide that you would like to pursue legal action against one or more parties, you might not be sure where to start. A law firm can answer any questions you have and explain the general process for bringing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Once it is time to initiate your lawsuit, a lawyer may:
- Collect any available evidence that pertains to your accident, especially anything that suggests or confirms that the defendant in your case was negligent
- Speak with any experts whose testimony may reinforce your account of events
- Draft and file your lawsuit
- Speak with attorneys for the defendant and negotiate your side of any settlement offers that they extend
- Bring your lawsuit to trial if you do not agree upon a settlement
- Calculate your damages
- Represent you throughout the entirety of your lawsuit
If your lawyer is successful as your representative, then you may be able to collect awards for:
- Your accident-related medical expenses
- Income you have lost due to the accident
- Pain and suffering you have endured because of the accident
- Any losses stemming from your loved one’s death if you are bringing a wrongful death claim
A lawyer may act as your guide throughout the process of a lawsuit, and they may be able to secure compensation for you or your loved one.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville Today
Drivers who cause harm to others through negligent and reckless behaviors may be held accountable. We want to help you seek justice for your losses. Call our team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 to learn more about how a Franklin car accident lawyer may serve you.