If you or a family member were injured in a car accident in Brentwood because of another driver’s negligence, you might be eligible to recover damages from the at-fault driver.
A Brentwood car accident lawyer from our team may be able to help you build your personal injury claim or lawsuit. Our team can help assign a value to your case and pursue compensation based on this amount. Contact the personal injury team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville by calling (615) 651-7451 to start preparing a solid case for financial recovery.
Recovering Financial Damages with a Personal Injury Claim
According to the Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security, as of October, there have been 4,678 car accidents that resulted in serious injuries or fatalities in 2020. Car accidents are commonly caused by negligent driving behavior, which may involve:
- Aggressive driving, including road rage
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Improper lane changes
- Driving while intoxicated by alcohol and/or drugs
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident caused by driver behavior and negligence, you might be eligible to recover the cost of your medical bills, income loss, property damage, and pain and suffering. If your family lost a loved one in a car accident in Brentwood, there may be additional expenses you might be eligible to recover.
Important Facts About Financial Settlements
Your lawyer may be able to help you negotiate a financial settlement from the at-fault driver and their insurance company. A financial settlement means you agree to accept a predetermined amount of money in exchange for dropping your lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
You should know the following facts about the financial settlement process:
- Your lawyer will strive to help you accurately value your claim or lawsuit prior to any settlement talks
- You will make the final decision to accept or reject a settlement offer, not your lawyer
- You will sign away the right to any further compensation in writing
A settlement can be reached at any point in the personal injury process. If you cannot agree to any of the settlement offers you receive, our team may help you fight for compensation in a court trial.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Brentwood, call 615-678-6278
Important Timelines May Affect Your Car Accident Claim
The aftermath of a car accident can revolve around several different timelines. Tennessee generally gives victims of car accidents a year to file a personal injury lawsuit for financial compensation.
According to Tennessee Code §28-3-104, if you fail to file your lawsuit within a year, you might not be able to file it at all, and the at-fault driver can no longer be compelled to pay your injury-related expenses. Other accident-related time constraints you should be aware of include:
- One year: This is generally the amount of time a surviving family member has to file a wrongful death lawsuit for financial compensation.
- 20 days: This is the amount of time the Tennessee Department of Safety gives you to file a crash report after a car accident in Brentwood. A report is mandatory if the accident you were involved in led to injuries, fatalities, or more than $1,500 in property damage.
A Brentwood car accident lawyer may be able to help you determine how time impacts your lawsuit and your ability to collect financial compensation. Contact the team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville by calling (615) 651-7451.
Brentwood Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 615-678-6278
Do Not Overlook the Importance of Building a Comprehensive Case File
Recovering from the physical injuries of a car accident could mean you are unable to engage in the social and leisure activities you enjoyed prior to the accident. It could also mean you are unable to immediately return to work. While you recuperate from your injuries, your lawyer may help you start building your case, which may include:
- Your official crash report with details of the accident
- Your injury-related medical bills to date
- Contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
- Contact information of the at-fault driver and their insurer
- Pictures of your injuries and your vehicle
Our team wants to help you prove the cause, cost, and effect of your car accident. We also want to help you fight for the best possible financial outcome.
Car Accident Injuries Can Have a Large Financial Impact on Victims
A car accident in Brentwood can lead to long-term medical care and expenses. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), injuries and fatalities from car accidents in 2017 cost more than 75 billion dollars.
Car accidents may cause the following injuries:
- Whiplash, which may require immobilization, pain control, and prolonged rest
- Concussions, which may require physical and mental rest and pain management
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which may require long-term rehabilitation and ongoing patient education to learn coping mechanisms
- Spinal cord damage, which may require medications and long-term physical and occupational therapy
- Broken bones, which may require casting, immobilization, and surgery
If you required medical attention because of your car accident injuries, you should request copies of your medical records. You may need to keep requesting copies throughout your recovery process to reflect the extent of your medical expenses. Our medical team may be able to help you recover your medical bills and related expenses from the driver who caused the collision.
The Cochran Firm – Nashville Wants to Help You with Your Case
If a car accident in Brentwood caused you injuries or property damage, you might be eligible to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A lawyer serving Brentwood may be able to argue how the at-fault driver’s negligence caused your injuries and their financial consequences.
Learn more about the benefits of hiring a Brentwood car accident lawyer to help you fight for the financial compensation you might be entitled to receive. Contact a personal injury team member at The Cochran Firm – Nashville by calling (615) 651-7451 today.