At any given point in time, you may have been living or working in an environment with some level of contamination. This could have included the air you breathed, the water you drank, or repeatedly coming into contact with an infected product.
You may have only become aware of chemical contamination (or another environmental hazard) after you or a loved one was harmed due to the level of exposure.
An Antioch environmental lawyer can review the details of your case and determine a course of action for pursuing compensation. At The Cochran Firm – Nashville, we are willing to take on even the most challenging cases. To get started with a free, no-obligation case review, call The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451.
Your Environment May Be Full of Pollution
Every day, you likely come into contact with some form of an environmental contaminant that, in high levels, can pose a threat to your health and wellbeing. Many of these threats are odorless and cannot be measured without the use of specialized equipment. Additionally, some contaminants may not cause health complications until years after you were initially exposed.
Some of the chemical compounds and products that are identified as possible threats to your health include:
- Radon gas, which may claim as many as 20,000 cancer-related deaths each year, according to the American Cancer Society
- Asbestos, which is still alarmingly prevalent in homes throughout the United States despite being a known cause of cancer, according to the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS)
- Lead, which could result from several industrial processes, according to the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Manganese, which exists in harmless amounts in some foods but can become toxic when you are overexposed, according to the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Benzene, a chemical that you may be exposed to if you are near a gas station, somebody regularly smoking cigarettes, a leaking tank containing benzene, or locations where industrial processes lead to benzene emissions, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Beryllium, a known carcinogen used in the production of various products such as cell phones and missiles, according to the U.S. Department of Labor (DoL)
- Silica, which may cause lung cancer, particularly in workers whose jobs cause them to be exposed to high levels of crystalline silica, according to the United States Department of Labor
Your Antioch environmental lawyer will be tasked with determining which substance resulted in your losses and, from there, establishing liability. Your legal team may work with a third-party scientific consultant to provide insight into your case.
Additional Forms of Pollutants and Contaminants
In addition to the potential environmental hazards we listed above, many man-made chemicals are also hazardous to human health and may contaminate significant portions of the environment.
Some of these chemicals may be found in:
- Pesticides such as Roundup
- “Forever chemicals,” which are heat-resistant, chemically stable compounds that are extremely difficult to break down or dispose of
- Waste from industrial processes
Environmental contaminants can cause serious illnesses in those exposed to them. If you or a loved one developed an illness that was caused by one or more environmental factors (pollutants or contaminants), you may be entitled to compensation.
If you would like to learn how an Antioch environmental lawyer may assist you, then call our team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville at (615) 651-7451.
For a free legal consultation with a environmental lawyer serving Antioch, call 615-651-7451
Illnesses Associated With Environmental Contamination
Whether you were exposed to a hazardous chemical in your home or workplace, The Cochran Firm – Nashville can help you.
Some of the conditions that you may develop from overexposure to environmental pollutants include:
- Mesothelioma, which is a form of cancer linked specifically to breathing in asbestos fibers
- Silicosis, which the American Lung Association describes as a lung condition that occurs when you inhale an unsafe amount of silica
The type of illness that you or your loved one developed may be determined by the contaminant to which you were exposed. For example, if you were diagnosed with asbestosis, we can conclude that you were exposed to an unsafe level of asbestos.
A lawyer may be able to provide you with insight into studies and legal cases that establish a link between certain contaminants and your particular ailment.
Antioch Environmental Lawyer Near Me 615-651-7451
An Antioch Environmental Lawyer Can Handle Your Case from Start to Finish
You may have your hands full if you or a loved one is currently battling an illness related to environmental contamination. A lawyer will handle your case so that you do not have to deter your focus from fighting your illness or caring for a loved one. You may be able to collect compensation either through an insurance settlement or court award.
To promote your case’s success, your lawyer may:
- Consult with a third-party expert to determine what chemical caused your illness
- Collect evidence to demonstrate who can be held responsible for your damages
- Negotiate for a fair settlement that accurately represents your losses
- Review legal precedents to gain insight into your case
- Manage all communications with the involved parties and their insurers
- Take your case to court, if necessary
You can expect your legal team to render services that meet the needs of your situation.
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville Today
If you or a loved one has been negatively impacted by an environmental hazard, we will help you fight for compensation.
Should your case be successful, you may be able to collect financial recovery for:
- The cost of treating your ailment, including hospitalization and emergency services
- Any income you have lost due to your illness and recovery period
- Reduced earning capacity, if your condition prevents you from doing the work you did before
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
We encourage you to reach out to our team as soon as you can. We want to begin building your case while you focus on healing. Call our team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at (615) 651-7451 to find out how an Antioch environmental lawyer may be able to assist you.