If you were injured due to the negligence of another party, an Antioch personal injury lawyer may be able to help you pursue compensation for your losses. You may be able to recover the cost of your medical expenses, missed time from work, and emotional trauma through a court award or an insurance settlement.
At The Cochran Firm – Nashville, we handle personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees to receive our help. We get paid out of the settlement proceeds or award at the conclusion of your case.
Call us today at (615) 651-7451 for a free consultation. There is no obligation.
Our Firm’s Practice Areas
We handle many different kinds of personal injury claims.
Here are some examples of situations in which we help people who were injured by negligence:
- Car accidents. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report that car accidents are one of the leading causes of death in the United States. We can review traffic surveillance footage and consult with accident reconstruction specialists to determine who should be responsible for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Workplace accidents. If you were injured while on the job, a lawyer from our team can review the details of your case, assign liability, and seek compensation for your accident-related expenses.
- Defective drugs. Some pharmaceutical companies do not thoroughly test drugs before putting them onto the market. If you were injured by a defective drug, our team can consult with a third-party medical professional to determine who can be held responsible for your damages.
- Environmental. From asbestos to contaminated drinking water, toxins in our environment can cause cancer, birth defects, brain damage, and other diseases. Our team can review the facts of your case to determine a course of legal action.
- Medical malpractice. If you or a loved one suffered harm as a result of substandard medical care, you may be able to receive compensation. You may be able to seek financial recovery from your attending doctor or the facility in which you were injured.
- Police misconduct. Many law enforcement officers risk their lives to keep us safe, but some officials overstep their authority and use excessive force, injuring and killing people without legal justification. If you were injured as a result of police brutality, you may be able to pursue the cost of your subsequent expenses.
- Product liability. When you use a product as directed, and it harms you, an Antioch personal injury lawyer may be able to help you seek monetary damages.
- Premises liability. This category can include things like slip or trip and fall accidents and other injuries that a person can sustain when visiting another party’s property. The property can be commercial or residential. For your case to be successful, your legal team must demonstrate that your accident was the result of a property owner’s negligence.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI). TBIs can change a person’s life permanently. The entire family can suffer because of the changes to the injured victim. A TBI can affect a person’s ability to think, reason, speak, see, walk, learn, and work for a living.
- Wrongful death. If someone else’s careless or intentional act took the life of a close loved one, we might be able to seek additional damages for the legal beneficiaries.
Under TN Code §28-3-104, you generally have one year from the date of your accident to file a civil action against the liable party. Failing to act within this period could jeopardize your ability to pursue compensation.
Even if your situation is not on this list, please call The Cochran Firm – Nashville at (615) 651-7451.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Antioch, call 615-678-6278
Recoverable Damages in Personal Injury Claims
Without speaking with you and understanding your situation, we cannot provide a figure that accurately represents how much compensation you may be able to pursue in a personal injury case. Every personal injury case is different. The amount of monetary damages that you can collect will depend on the facts of your case, including factors like the severity of your injuries and any residual impairments following your completed course of medical treatment.
Here are some examples of the types of compensation you may be seeking to pursue through a civil action:
You can recover the reasonable cost of treatment that you needed for your injuries. This category does not just cover co-pays and hospital bills. You can also include things like the ambulance, emergency room, prescription drugs, physical therapy, crutches, wheelchairs, surgery, lab tests, and pain management.
Future Medical Treatment
Sometimes people with severe injuries need several rounds of medical procedures, like multiple surgeries or skin grafts. These expenses are compensable.
After a devastating injury, a person might have to live in a long-term care facility. For example, a person with a skull fracture might have an altered state of consciousness or fall into a persistent vegetative state. This person would have to move into a nursing home or a similar center to receive daily medical procedures and monitoring.
Getting hurt in an accident sometimes involves a prolonged recovery period, which causes a person to miss time from work. If you miss time from a job without pay, whether that means wages, salary, self-employment, or some other form of income, we can factor in these losses to your claim.
Diminished Earning Capacity
You might be eligible for compensation if you have to reduce the number of hours that you work or take a lower-paying position because of your injuries.
Pain and Suffering
“Pain and suffering” refers to the physical discomfort and emotional anguish that you can experience from getting hurt. The pain can be short-term or chronic. Mental distress can include things like anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
An Antioch personal injury lawyer can determine which types of economic and noneconomic damages might be available in your situation.
Antioch Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 615-678-6278
Call The Cochran Firm – Nashville to Start Your Antioch Personal Injury Case
If you were injured due to another party’s negligent actions, we encourage you to reach out to The Cochran Firm – Nashville today. We are willing to take on even the most challenging cases.
You can call The Cochran Firm – Nashville, today at (615) 651-7451 to get started.